Finally, I manage to unpack some of my kitchen equipment after the move. I missed baking, so I had to choose wisely what to make first. As I enjoy nuts and veggies, the carrot cake was my first thought. (also, Easter is coming, not only Winter).
This recipe is very easy to make so you can involve little ones, great for lunchboxes, and according to my husband, the best he ever had!
1 cups plain flour
1/2 cup rice flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp allspice mix
3/4 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp baking powder
2 small bananas
1 cup of cane sugar
2/3 cup olive oil
1 cup chopped walnut
2 cups carrot (grated or finely chopped)
1/4 cup raisin
1/4 cup chopped dates
1/4 cup chopped pistachio
1 1/2 tsp cider vinegar
Cream cheese glaze
175 g dairy-free cream cheese
1 cup icing powder
1. Preheat the oven for 175 C degree. Prepare a rectangular baking tray with grease paper.
2. Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and spices in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, add the olive oil banana and sugar. Use a hand blender to make into a smooth batter. Add the carrots, nuts and remaining ingredients then gently mix with the flour.
4. Pour the mixture into the tray and bake for 40 minutes.
5. Prepare the glaze by combining the dairy-free cream cheese with the icing sugar. (It’s more like a runny frosting, but less sugary) Chill it for a few hours to set.
6. Once your cake is thoroughly cooled, pour the glazing over and sprinkle some chopped nuts on the top.