Thit is really a great recipe, and you can put your spin on by adding spices or other dried fruits. It’s great before exercise or when you crave for something sweet. And not to mention that it’s much cheaper than the shop bought energy bars. Once you sliced, store it in the fridge in an airtight container.
For the base
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup roasted peanuts
400 g dates, pitted
2 tbs agave syrup
2 tbs coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla paste
For the filling
1 ripe banana
2 cup cashews
1/2 cup agave syrup
100 g coconut
1/2 cup raisin
50 g dark vegan chocolate to decorate
1. Soak the cashews in hot water for at least 2 hours separately.
2. Put the peanuts, dates, into a blender and whizz for a minute. Add the remaining ingredients and combine.
3. Press down the mixture to the bottom of a round baking tray and put aside.
3. On high speed, blend the almonds until you get a smooth and silky paste. Whizz in all the remaining ingredients, except the raising. I prefer to mix in at the end with a spoon.
4. Scoop the mixture to the base and decorate with melted vegan chocolate. Refrigerate at least for an hour.