Valentin Day is fastly approaching. It’s time to do a trial run from my cake. And if it’s a cake, it must be chocolate covered with cream and strawberry! The whipped coconut cream balances very well the richness of the cake, and I can’t wait to pop a bottle of champagne just for the sake of the strawberries.
1 1/2 cup self-rising flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 cup plant milk (I used coconut milk for this recipe)
90 ml oil 9aroung (approx 1/3 cup)
1 tbs apple cider vinegar
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
whipped coconut cream and strawberries
(Don’t forget to chill your coconut cream overnight!)
1. Preheat the oven for 180 C degree. Grease one or two round cake tin. (6 inches)
2. Siff the four into a medium sized mixing bowl. Add all the ingredients, except the vinegar and mix well.
3. Once you’ve got a smooth batter, whisk the vinegar in and pour to the cake tin. Divide your batter evenly between the two cake tins. If you only have one tin, just cut the baked cake in half when decorate.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from the cake tin and cool completely before decorating with cream and strawberries.
5. I used my whipped coconut cream for this cake but feel free to make vanilla frosting from plant-based butter and icing sugar.